We encourage you to visit the school, meet the teachers and speak with the students as you consider our school for your child. We accept students from 2.5 years to grade 8 throughout the year, providing space is available.
- After a personal tour of Hitherfield School, parents will have an opportunity to explore the facilities, speak with teachers and have their questions answered.
- Potential students are then invited to spend a “trial day” at Hitherfield (½ day for JK/SK children), so that they can experience for themselves the learning environment, teacher interaction and the children they will be with. At this time, teachers will ascertain the general readiness and interests of the child, and will share these observations with you. This “trial day” also enables you, as a parent, to get feedback from your child. We want you, as well as your child, to be happy!
- Upon admittance, an academic assessment will be scheduled for each child entering Grades 2-8. The cost for this is $200.00 and takes ½ day of testing.
- A “Confidential Teacher’s Observation Form,” from your child’s current teacher needs to be completed and submitted, along with the following forms and deposit:
- A completed “Application for Admission to Hitherfield Form”
- A “Parent Information Form”
- A “Student Information Form”
- A deposit of $1500.00 (which is part of the annual fees)