Hitherfield students have great opportunity to be exposed to and gain leadership experience. At school we instill the necessary values in students that will allow them to be effective and eager leaders. Through various positions, such as running for House Captain, being a Club Leader or becoming a Bus Monitor, Hitherfield offers endless opportunities for students to build confidence in their leadership roles and abilities.
Our middle school program helps to hone the student’s skills in personal study, decision-making, language, arts and examination. Students sit weekly math tests, get involved in group work and science and computer lab time.
The senior students are preparing for high school. Independent studies, educational trips and exam preparations are all part of this program. Many of our grade 8 students have been accepted at prestigious independent high schools. Our programs exceeds the minimum requirements set by the Ministry of Education.
• Weekly individualized spelling and math quizzes
• Exams twice yearly
• Daily core French.
• Intermediate Raz Kids membership
• Exceptional physical education programming
• Performance arts (Plays and Concerts)
• Weekly music/drama
• Small classes with an average size of 12-14 students
• Rotary schedule with teachers who specialize in taught subject matter
LEADERSHIP & MENTORING
• House Captains and Club Leaders mentor students of the Lower School
• Students are able and encouraged to present special interest topics during assemblies
• Reading Buddy Opportunities
• Bus Monitor
• Laptops are introduced in grade 4 integrating technology into the classroom as well as reducing student’s environmental impact
• Students use our Mac Lab to increase technological fluency through scratch programming, office softwares, and Intermediate Raz-Kids
CO- CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Sports tournaments (SSAF)
• Piano lessons
• Spelling bee
• School clubs
• Rock climbing lessons
• After-school programs
• Winter crafts
• Opportunities for community and student environmental leadership learning
• Annually alternating field trips/ outdoor studies within North America